Travelling to New York is surely a fun activity, with lots of things for you to try out, lots of places for you to discover and so may foods for you to taste. So, there might be times when you forget to be mindful of your actions. With that being said, here is the list of some do’s and don’ts for you to follow.
- Take on the subway for it is easy to navigate. It is also cheap at the same time.
- Always bring a comfortable pair of sneakers while discovering the city.
- Visit other places apart from the Statue of the Liberty. After all, only less than 30 people are allowed to climb the steps to the crown each day and those tickets becomes sold out very fast.
- Try out different foods. Just because the food in your country is great doesn’t mean you should stick to it even when you’re in New York. After all, when else would you get the chance to travel there again? Try out local dishes instead.
- More than anything else, plan your trip in advance.
- Don’t pressure yourself to see all of the famous tourist spots in the city if you would only be staying there for a short period of time.
- Drop by the Empire State Building if you want to see the jaw dropping view of the city.
- Don’t forget to buy and bring your Metro Card.
- Don’t visit the High Line during weekends for that is the time when it’s very much crowded.
- Never stop in the middle of the sidewalks. So, in case you would be needing to check your phone, it would be best for you to step to the side first.
- Whenever you get on the subway’s escalator, always stay on the right side.
- If you are going to the Times Square for the New Year’s Eve show, don’t come later than 10 am.
Once you keep all of these things in mind, you can ensure that nothing would go wrong during your entire stay in New York.